Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

How to link testrail test run results to JIRA

Another vote for this feature for the same reason as many others have listed, reusing test cases for regression. If anyone has ideas on how to get around this, please feel free to send me a message. Thanks!

This one gets my vote too. This is one feature which is increasingly being sought.

My vote here as well! Anything new on this ?

Thanks

My vote for this feature! I need to link test run to one jira issues which represents ‘change request’ and may consist of hundreds of test cases

Hi Viktor,

Your vote (along with any previous votes) has been added.

Thanks,
Jon

Hi @jon.reynolds,

Is there any kind of open JIRA board where we can see features backlogs and whats in development and whats dropped? And even better if users can vote on which features they want to prioritise.

Regards,
G

Hi @gavril ,

Like many software companies (e.g. Atlassian/JIRA and others), we don’t publish our roadmap publicly as we prefer not to overpromise and underdeliver. We have an internal issue tracker that we use to track these feature requests and customer feedback, and in our experience having this information public just adds to the frustration when a feature isn’t implemented on the next version. The majority of new features/changes to TestRail have been based on customer feedback, and there are many factors (with the biggest factor being customer feedback) that goes into prioritizing various feature requests. In general, we work on many features in parallel, and when a feature is ready we implement it on the next version. Throughout this process priorities can change, and so we prefer not to specify any timeframes for this reason.

You can also always subscribe to our blog to keep an eye out for updates, as we would always publish a new post with each new release that details all of the new features/changes to TestRail:

https://blog.gurock.com/tag/testrail-release/

Thanks,
Jon

Hi @jon.reynolds,

I understand that overpromise and underdeliver are bad for customer experience. But staying in the dark is worst in my opinion. Also about frustration, what do you think people feel when they found something not to their liking, do some search in this forum and found that someone else have raise the same issue years ago and still not implemented?

TestRail is a private company in the end, so you have your own policy, I get it. But it would be nice to have some sort of visibility on the improvements and bug fixes. Maybe I’m just too used to open-source community too expect things like these as the norms.

But I really appreciate your reply, and hope TestRail will keep growing. We just start using it recently and it works great so far. Hope we can have a great relationship and prosper together.

Regards,
G

Hi,
for us this feature would be very helpful as well. Is there any news on when this feature could come to life?
Regards
Ingo

Hi Ingo,

We do not currently have a release date for this feature. That said, I did add your vote as well which will help us priorities internally.

We also need this feature a lot. For releases, we do regression testing and what stakeholders are mostly interested in is not which particular test case failed, but the overall progress and % of pass/fail. Please add my vote.

Hi Ania,

Thanks for the feedback! I’ve added your vote to this feature request as well.

Regards,
John