Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

How to keep filter setting in Test Run page intact

Hi,

Please see the attachment. I can’t figure out how to keep the setting there intact until when I decide to change again.

I want to update test results only to tests assigned to my name. This setting reverts to default setting whenever switching out of the test runs page, which caught me off-guard quite a few times. I ended up executing tests assigned to others.

Regards,
Vincent.

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your posting! I would recommend using the filter on the test run page and/or grouping your tests by the Assigned To field in this case:

You can then view the relevant tests directly on the test run page at a glance (and you can open the tests in a separate tab as needed).

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I already did use the filter on test run page to show only tests assigned to my name, then clicked on any test to start manual execution. Then I used short-cut keys ‘j’ and ‘k’ to go forward/backward one by one to log in test results. This doesn’t work for me either. Tests assigned to others will show up when using ‘j’ and ‘k’ keys.

The other method I mentioned in my first thread works, but only if I stay in that same page and don’t navigate to other pages.

Regards,

Vincent.

Thanks, Vincent! You can use the “My tests” option to limit the j/k navigation to your own tests only. This will jump to the next or previous test assigned to you. The All tests/My tests selection depends on the way you navigate to the test page and we will make sure to look into making this “sticky” for a future version. Thanks again for your feedback on this!

Regards,
Tobias

Hi,

Thanks Tobias; much appreciated if it can make to one of your future versions.

Cheers,
Vincent.

You are welcome, Vincent, and thanks again for your feedback!

Regards,
Tobias