Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

How to find User last logged in details

Hi,

Is there a way in test rail to find an user last login date and Time?
Basically we would like a report on last active date per user for administration section.

Thanks,
Venu

Hello Venu,

Thanks for your posting! There’s currently no feature in TestRail for this, but we’ve got this request before and it’s already on our feature request list. It’s planned to look into this for a future version and I’m happy to add your vote to this feature request.

Regards,
Tobias

I would like to issue a vote for this feature as well. It would seem to give a nice easy way to determine accounts that may no longer need access to a license.

Added to the list, thanks Matt!

Cheers,
Tobias

To work around this I created a query that based on X number of days - it checks to see users that have not updated or run cases in that time period. Not the most intuitive but it seems to work well so far till we get a feature added. :smile:

Upvote for adding this as API command or field in ‘get_user’ query.

As an admin (local only to TestRail), this is a security issue, since inactive users may represent those who have left. Searching for write-activity as a work around does not represent read-only users, not to mention cumbersome.

Thanks

i also cast my vote on this - if only to satisfy my curiosity :wink:

+1

(Yes I know about the love button :slight_smile: )

Happy to add another few votes :slightly_smiling:

Cheers,
Tobias

I vote for this feature as well!

Thanks for your feedback, Cynthia!

Cheers,
Tobias

I would also find this extremely useful. +1 for me

Thanks for your feedback, Christopher!

Cheers,
Tobias

This is going to change form a “nice to have” to a “must have” if Test Rail wants to be SOX compliant. User Access reporting is a standard request from any Audit team in the US. Information included in the report should show the last login for each Project in Testrail. Another report should show what access/permission level by user by project.

Extracting inactive users

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your feedback. It’s still planned to look into this and add some user related reports on Administration > Users & Roles or elsewhere in the administration area. You can already view the user permissions/access per project on Administration > Projects > edit a project > Access but I agree that having this on a single page would be more convenient.

Cheers,
Tobias

it’s weird this isn’t present in the solution by default. we are a 300 employee company and i’d like to be able to remove inactive accounts as soon as possible.

Hi @rikh,

Yes, it’s planned to look into this, thanks for your feedback on this. If you are on TR Server, you can run a (read-only) query against the database to see if a user is actively using TR and the best way to check that is if a user has an active session in the sessions table.

Cheers,
Tobias

This question was first asked in Aug 2015. That is almost 2 years ago. That’s a very long time ago. Same reason here. Auditors want info on when account last used and I want info to deactivate accounts to reduce costs.
Curtis

@tgurock is there an update on if/when admins will be able to view last logged in details for accounts? As @Curtis and several others mentioned, this a standard feature and needed for auditing and removing users.

Any update?

Hi Kira,

Thank you for the follow up post. We do not have an ETA on if or when this will be implemented in TestRail. That being said, I would be happy to add your vote to this feature request.