Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

How to delete the Section test cases in test rail

Hi All,

I have 1 Project created , inside there is a Section , a Section has sub section and a sub section has test cases.
the problem is i do not want to see A Section allow to add any case… Currently it does and people at times start adding test cases in a Section .

Please help

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for posting! It is not currently possible to prevent test cases from being added to specific sections or subsections. Any user that is assigned a role with add/edit permissions for test cases would be able to add new test cases to any section in the test suite. We generally recommend using the user roles and permissions when possible to restrict and limit access to specific functions in TestRail to a small number of users to prevent mistakes. Users and their assigned roles can be managed under Administration > Users & Roles. You can find more information about managing permissions and roles on our website here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-userguide/howto-permissions

We are happy to review adding support for additional permissions options in a future update. In the meantime, I would recommend using the description field of a section to add a note to remind users not to create test cases in that particular section.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
John