Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

How to delete a schedule report

Hi,

I want to delete the schedule report when shedule report doesn’t meet my request.
Now I don’t found the delete button, Could you give any suggestion?

Thanks,
Carly

Hello Carly,

Thanks for your posting! Scheduled reports can only be edited or deleted by the user who added this report (the report owner). Please note that TestRail doesn’t generate reports for scheduled reports owned/added by inactive users though.

The delete/edit icons are available as part of the report row on the Reports overview page. If you only see the edit icon but not the delete icon, it’s likely that your user account doesn’t have the required permissions to delete reports and you would need to ask your TestRail administrator to look into this (Administration > Users & Roles).

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi,
My user permissions let me create and schedule reports but I can’t find a way to delete or cancel them. Why is this possible?
Thanks,
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for your posting. Only the owner/creator of a report or scheduled report can delete it and you would need to ask the person who created the report to remove it for you. Please note that if the user is no longer active (Administration > Users & Roles), then TestRail also wouldn’t create any reports based on the scheduled report.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias