Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

How to created a report for Execution time for each sectionid in Milestone

Hi ,

All our Automation cases are managed in TestRail and Our automation tool marks pass/fail for each Test case in that milestone and Add the execution time in Elapsed.
Now I would like to capture the execution time has been taken for each section id in that mile stone every day.

Please let me know how to create the reports.

Thanks,
Hema

Hello Hema,

Thanks for your posting! There’s currently no built-in report for aggregating the execution/elapsed times on the section level. You can generate this on the milestone/plan/run level with the Summary reports from the Reports tab. You can alternatively also use the CSV/Excel/XML exports and calculate this outside of TestRail.

Cheers,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias for quick response.

I looked into the options that you have provided.
1: In my case, milestone was created on 08/Mar/2016. I have created report today and the elapsed time is showing 98h. This seems to be incorrect for me as we have been working from 4 working days and I am sure that our automation didn’t execute that long including retest. Please let me know if that is the correct data that I am looking for execution time.
2: I tried to export the runs for calculating execution time but I didn’t get the “elapsed All” column in the selection criteria of Columns to display in excel . I can see only elapsed column but the data in this column is incorrect.
I have attached the screen shots . please check.

I was unable to upload 2 screen shots in the same post. Please check the option 1 screen shot in this reply.

Hello Hema,

Thanks for your reply! Do you maybe have added more than one test run to this milestone that would explain the 98 hours? The sum of the elapsed (Elapsed All) would match the summary/progress reports but this would apply to the entire milestone so this may include additional runs if you have any.

Regarding the export: you would need to choose the option to export all test results (at the bottom of the dialog) to see all elapsed values and the dialog only exports the latest result/status per test by default.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias.

I would like to see ‘Elapsed All’ column when I export the results to excel. So I will get total execution time for each case

Thanks for your feedback, Hema! The sum of the Elapsed column would match Elapsed All if you export all test results but we are happy to look into adding support for an Elapsed All column as well.

Cheers,
Tobias

Tobias,

Thanks for your quick response. I do agree that The sum of Elapsed column matches Elapsed All but it would be great if we can see the elapsed All column for each Test case. Sometimes user is not interested to see all the runs of each case in particular milestone but interested to know the total execution time for each case in that Milestone.

Please let me know the plan for releasing this feature.

Regards,
Hema

Yep, happy to look into this and this definitely makes sense, thanks again for your feedback!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Please let me know the plan for releasing the feature that we discussed. Let me know the target date.

Thanks,
Hema

Hello Hema,

Thanks for your feedback. We currently don’t have an estimate but we are happy to look into this for a future version. We get so many feature requests that it’s impossible to implement them all so we prioritize feature requests based on customer feedback and product strategy. I would recommend the workaround I mentioned but you can alternatively also look into using the XML/CSV exports and then generate your own reports based on these files.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias