Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

How do I move tests between proejcts

Should be simple - I want to archive some old test cases off into another Project where they will probably be deleted at year end

1. I go to the destination project, which now contains a single section called Archive

2. I open the copy move dialog (which no longer matches the help page by the way)

3. I select all in the left pane

4. I hit move - it asks me to confirm, then pops up an error message box saying “Please select at least one case”

5. I try again and look at the filters in the right hand pane and it note that it says “147 test cases matched”

6. I still get the error

What am I missing ? I am super lead and admin so I should have full access

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your posting. Can you try this with a different browser? This looks like a JavaScript issue that might be caused by a browser plugin or similar. Which browser do you use?

Important: please note that moving cases from one project to another deletes all their tests & results in active test runs and we recommend closing test runs to archive finished test runs & results: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-userguide/userguide-tips#closing_test_runs

Cheers,
Tobias

HI Tobias

I’m using Chrome.

I found how to use the tool - there is a combo box on the form (not shown on the help file) asking what to copy (test cases only, also copy sections, include parents) - if this is on the middle option it works as expected

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your feedback and great to hear that it works now! Happy to look into this.

Cheers,
Tobias