Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

How do I export testcases with all columns and steps carried over?

Hi,

I am trying to export my testcases from Testrail for my deliverables and was not able to successfully carry over all the columns and steps. It appears to only carry over just the 1st line of steps.

I then put all my steps in 1 line for each testcase, but the format is not client friendly or presentable?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hello!

Thanks for your posting. If you use the CSV/Excel export, the steps are currently exported to a single cell/line (you can adjust the cell height in Excel to see all details). An alternative would be to use the XML export option which contains everything in a more structured format, or the print views (via the printer icons) which look similar to the reports from the Reports tab and also include all details.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias.

I tried to Report button, not reports came up? Do you have a video on how to use the report in a way we can get readable report/documents for clients to see the test case?

Also you mentioned using XML export option is there a video on that too?

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply! I meant the print views on the test suite/run/plan/milestone levels which you can access with the printer icons:

The XML export options are available next to the CSV import:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias