Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

How can we delete sections?

Hi, Can you please help me in this.
How can we identify the total number of test cases run by an individual for particular week?

I am less familiar with the reports as we have a self-hosted install and we would query the db directly.

But - it looks like Users --> Workload Summary report might do what you need it to do. You can set specific dates and even specific users to report on.

I would play with that report and see if it does what you need.

Hi,

Me too is having the issue of not having a delete icon next to the Section. I’m an admin and I checked that I have a delete privilege (see screenshot). But only edit icon is visible when I hover my mouse pointer to the section name (screenshot below).

Please help.
leadrole

Is this present only for this specific project? Can you delete sections n other projects? Do you use local and global roles? Any chance the project in question is using the a local role that is different than a global role?

Thanks, BGanger. It is indeed in the Project specific configuration.

For the benefit of other users, here’s how to fix this issue:

1. Go to Administration page
  2. Click Project in the right panel
  3. Drilldown on the project name you want to delete a test run or section
  4. Click ‘Access’ tab on top of the Edit Project page
  5. Do either of the two options:
    5.1. In the Default Access dropdown list field, select ‘Global Role’ access; or
    5.2 Scroll down and locate your own (user) name, and in the Project Access column, select ‘Global Role’.
  6. Save the project, by clicking the ‘Save Project’ button.

Personally, I prefer 5.2 above as I set the default access of my project users as ‘Tester’ (custom role).

After you’ve done the steps above, you can go back to the Test Runs view and edit a test run. You should be able to see the ‘>>Delete this test run’ option (in red font) at the right panel of the view.

Hope this helps. Have fun.

Glad you found the issue… :slight_smile: