Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

How can I find what test cases were updated today and by whom?

Hi I need to track who updated what and when. How can I do it without opening every one of 600+ our test cases?

Hello Konstantin,

Thanks for your posting. You can use the Cases > Activity Summary report for this (added with TR 4.0) which lists new and updates test cases within a select time frame. The report also adds the Created By/Updated By columns by default so you can also see the user who added/last updated the test cases. The report looks as follows:

Regards,
Tobias

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately this is not enough - it just displays the fact that case was changed w/o details what was changed.
I am looking for something like Activity Stream in Jira.

Hello Konstantin,

The report is just an overview and you can find the changes per test case when you click on a test case in this report. This opens the History tab which lists all changes per test case.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias

But I don’t want to create report every day. I need to see changes constantly - so I understand who did what today.

Hello Konstantin,

One option would be to create a scheduled report for this and let TestRail create a new report automatically for you every day, for example. You can configure this on the report form:

You can also configure notifications and TestRail would then notify you when a new report is available.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias

What API would help in fetching the test cases tested by a user