Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

[Help] How to read the php which is encrypted by ionCube?

I try to make my own report and while I trace the code for existing reports (i.g. plan_summary)
I found that some php (i.g. report_plugin/tests/group.php) is encrypted and I have no idea about how to read it.

Does any know how to read it?
Thanks.

Alston

Hi Alston,

Thanks for your posting. It’s not really possible/supported to decrypt these files and we do this so customers cannot change TestRail’s system files (which would result in installations we cannot support for obvious reasons, and would make updating to new TestRail versions very difficult/impossible). You can learn more about how to use the report plugins views by reviewing the other reports that ship with TestRail.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your reply.
How can I know how to use the report helper?
Is there any document about the api of report helper?
If I need to implement new method that inherit from the base plug-in, where can I find the define of report plug-in?Is this possible?

Thanks.

Alston

Hi Alston,

Thanks for your reply. There’s no documentation for the report helper and but all API methods of the report helper are used in the various report plugins (which you can use as a reference). If you need to implement your own database queries, we recommend using a custom model instead:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-custom/reports-plugins-custom-3

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias

If the intention of using ioncube encryption is to discourage system file modifications, can you please consider open source the system reports separately (either publicly, or via customer support)? Decrypted source files would make customization, code re-use much easier.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply! You can find the full details necessary to build or customize your own reports directly on our website, and this would require experience with PHP, SQL, and general web development (HTML/CSS/JavaScript). We wouldn’t be able to provide the source of the files, but you can review the following for details on customizing the reports:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-custom/reports-introduction

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Marco