Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

[help] How can I change the header and footer of report when save as PDF?

Does anyone know how to add my own header and footer to the report when save as a PDF?

Thanks.

Alston

Hi Alston,

Thanks for your posting! You can add additional details to the header/top part of a report with the Description field. This will also appear on PDFs with the print views.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your reply. I have no idea about “the header/top part of a report with the Description field.”

Can you show me how to do it?
Thanks.

Alston

Hello Alston,

I meant the generic Description field that is available when you create a new report. It’s not exactly the same as modifying the header, but you can add custom information to this field (also with rich-text support) and this will also on the print views.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

What I want to do is to modify the header on every page of the pdf into our own header.

Is there any way to do so?

Thanks.

Alston

Hello Alston,

Thanks for your reply! While there’s no built-in feature in TestRail for this, most browsers allow to customize the headers/footers when printing reports and this also usually includes PDF prints. This can usually be configured on the settings of the print dialog when you click the printer icon when viewing the report.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias