Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

gi_icon_default_ident

Hi All,

I am facing below error when i try to upload a test case.

Constant GI_ICON_DEFAULT_IDENT already defined [C:\inetpub\wwwroot\testrail\sys\helpers\icons.php:4] (at ErrorHandler::error)

TestRail version 2.7.1.2102
MS Server 2008 R2
IIS7.5 + PHP

Hope some one can enlighten me with this error.

Check on the folder path. The file uploaded exist. DB also has record. but still show same error.

Thanks for your posting, Kent. We could confirm this issue here and currently work on a hot-fix which should be available tomorrow. Thanks again for posting this issue and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias !!!

Hello Kent,

We’ve now developed a hot-fix for this issue and you can download it here:

http://gurock.com/downloads/testrail/testrail-2.7-icon-define-hotfix.zip

This includes a single file (testrail/sys/helpers/ips.php) which you need to copy into your TestRail installation folder replacing the original ips.php. Please make a backup of the original file just in case.

You may need to restart your web server after overriding the file.

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any questions.

Regards,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias!! is working now!:lol:

You are welcome, Kent. Great to hear that this works now. This fix will also be included in the next version of TestRail, so there’s no need to apply it again when you update.

Regards,
Tobias

Hi Tobias, I noticed that opening an attached pic would jump directly to the attachment which I’d need to click the browser’s back button to just go back to the test case to match against the pic with the written requirement/expected result (repeatedly) when it comes to test case review, which could be troublesome sometimes, so I was just wondering would there be an improvement in the next release that could make it works like jira attachment where it’d open up in an iframe’s pop up to ease the image viewing? keeping my finger crossed :slight_smile:

Hello James,

Thanks for your question. Yes, this is currently the expected behavior and it is planned to look into this. Popups for images are already available if you attach images to text-boxes rather than attaching them to a test case but it is planned improve the open/display behavior for this as well. Thanks for your feedback about this. It probably won’t be added to the next version as this version is almost feature-complete but we will make sure to look into this for the version after that.

Regards,
Tobias