Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Get Test Cases by Most Recently Run

We have a set of 2000 plus manual tests, but our test runs are normally around 300, but that 300 typically consists of different tests.

So what I’d like is to be able to get all tests and sort by “most recently run” so I can flag any tests which have not been run for a month etc.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

0 Likes

Hi Matt,

Yes, it would be possible to sort your lists of tests under a test run. To do this look for the “Sort” link at the top left above the test list. By default “Section” is shown, but you can click this to expand the options. The one in particular that will help you with this is “Tested On”. Click it and the list of tests will sort.

A column for “Tested On” will appear and the tests will be sorted, to reverse the order click the title of the column.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

That gives me everything within a test run, but I’m after tests globally. So within the Test Cases section. I see “Updated on” but that shows Edits to the test case not runs.

0 Likes

Hi there,

There’s not a way in-app to see all test cases within a project grouped or sorted by when they were most recently run. I’ve done a little digging and there are some reports that can help identify when specific test cases had results added to them within a specific timeframe, but the most useful one for identifying cases that haven’t been run in a while would likely be the Comparison for Cases (Results). This will show a breakdown by section of results that have been added to each test case in a project for user-specified test runs. It will provide the info in a grid style showing the latest status for each case in the test run, and you can easily see which are untested.

I know that may not be ideal for easily selecting the untested cases for future runs, but it should help get a better idea of what cases need to be run. Beyond that, it would be possible to use the API and scripting to find the untested case IDs, and potentially feed it into a new run.

0 Likes

That is because the Test Case in the Run is a copy of the actual Test Case.

0 Likes