Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Generate email when a case i failed

Hey guys

Is there a way I can get a mail sent to a specific recipient when a tester “failes” a case? without using the defect plugin called “email”?

Reason:
My testers most of the times forget to click “Push” by the defect field after creating a failed case.

You want Test Rail to create the email to the tester? If so - have you looked at the “Enable email notifications” in Test Rail (Administration --> Site Settings --> Email.

_Enable email notifications _
Email notifications are sent for test changes and test results. Can also be disabled on a per-user basis via My Settings.

I don’t use the option since I run the tests for my company myself but this is what I would look at if you want en email from Test Rail.

I want an email be sent to another recipient than the tester, and also only when you fail a test, by enabeling email notification I would get to much notifications on stuff I dont need to know.

The email notification is the only option right now I believe. Not sure if I have ever seen a request for this functionality since my company started to use Test Rail.

I would suggest sending in this request as an enhancement to Test Rail. They would not commit to a time frame but at least they would know there is some interest in it.

Yeah I’l do that, thanks for the info.