Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

FR - View tests not yet executed / included in a test run

We recently purchased Test Rail and have been using it for a few weeks on a new project.

One thing I was looking to see and couldn’t find an easy way of doing so, is which of the tests in the test suite have not yet been executed or included in a test run, and which have not yet had a passed status.

I guess what I’m looking for is a simple view of all the tests in the test suite with a status history for each test run, that way I can easily identify which tests have not yet been executed or had a ‘Passed’ status, so that I may include all these in my next test run.

I did think about including all test cases in each test run, but then there is no easy way for my team to identify which aren’t to be executed in that run (unless you introduce a status of ‘Not Included’ or similar).

Does this make sense?

Do you have any suggestions of how I can achieve this currently, or will you consider as a Feature Request?

Thanks
Christine

Hi Christine,

Thanks for your posting. Yes, this certainly makes sense. There’s currently no such report or functionality built into TestRail but it’s already on our feature request list and I’m sure we will have such a coverage or comparison report eventually. We actually do have a custom report that can be used to view the results of a all active test runs for a suite side-by-side. I will send you this report in a moment together with a screenshot, so you can take a look at it.

Thanks,
Dennis