Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Forecast for sections?

Hi

I’m trying to figure out what’s the forecast for each section in my test suite.
It is possible to get total estimate for entire suite, but is it possible to get estimate per section?

I use TestRail v5.0.2.3372

Hi Seb,

Thanks for your posting. It’s not possible to show the estimate/forecast directly but you can simply add the Estimate and Forecast columns to the tables/grid and then view the estimate/forecast per test case. You can add the additional columns via the Columns button. Would this work for you?

Cheers,
Tobias

Yes Tobias, but when you have 2000 test cases, it’ll be really difficult to figure out total time required to test specific section.
I can export all test cases to xls and count in Excel, but I thought that such functionality does exist in TestRail.

Hi Seb,

Thanks for your reply. Using the CSV export would be an option and you can include the estimate and forecast columns in the created CSV file. If you also include the sections, you should be able to group your cases by section and maybe automate the calculation in Excel (not sure, not an Excel export :slight_smile: ). I understand that it would be easier to do this directly in TestRail of course, happy to look into this for a future version.

Cheers,
Tobias