Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Field not parsing Markdown

I have three test case fields, all are text, all have markdown enabled. They are effectively mirrors of each other with the exception of different Labels, Descriptions, and System Names.

See screenshots for details. Let me know what other information would be useful to debug this anomaly. Screenshots located at http://imgur.com/a/Fc2xp

Edit 0: Further investigating is showing that this field works in other cases. I thought that maybe the ()'s were causing an issue, but removing them did not change anything

Hello Anthony,

Thanks for your posting. The issue is that Markdown modifiers (e.g. ‘*’) need a space before the actual text that you wish to modify (e.g. changing to bold), so “Feed s” work would. We will make sure to look into this and I’ve added this to our todo list. Thanks for reporting this and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

Regards,
Tobias

Ah, thanks for letting me know. That will clear up what I’m sure would be many future occurrences of me trying to use Markdown mid-word.

You are welcome and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

Regards,
Tobias