Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature: Testrail Jira Integration needs to show test cases with "Not Run" state

Is there any way for the testrail jira integration to show test cases within runs/plans that have a status of ‘not run’? Currently they will only show up in jira if they have a state of anything but ‘not run’. So users will not know there are untested test cases without going into testrail to verify.

Maybe there is something we need to customize I am not sure if it is configuration issue or not.

Hi Dilgeet,

Thanks for your posting. The TestRail: Results tabs will only show actual results and no untested tests. That said, it’s possible to view related untested tests directly in TestRail per test case. To do this, just open the linked test cases (shown in the TestRail: Cases tab) and then switch to the Tests & Results tab in the sidebar.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias
Thanks for your response. We would like to ask for this feature, if we can add/include the test cases with the status of “Not Run” as well to the list for the TestRail:Results tab. This will allow the user to see all the information in one application and doesn’t have to go back and forth between Jira and Testrail.

Thanks
Dilgeet Badial

Software Development Environment
HALOGEN SOFTWARE INC.
Talent Management Solution of Choice
Tel: 613.270.1011 Ext 5493| Fax: 613.270.8311

Follow Halogen on Twitterhttp://www.twitter.com/halogensoftware
Like Halogen on Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/halogensoftware

Hi Dilgeet,

Thanks again for your feedback, happy to look into this for a future version!

Cheers,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias. Is there a feature number or ticket number I can keep as a reference so I can keep track of it in the future releases.
Thanks for your help.
regards
Dilgeet

Hi Dilgeet,

We track feature requests and issues internally only so there’s no public ticket number at this point.

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias
Thanks for the information. I will check for it in the future releases.

regards

Dilgeet Badial