Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

[Feature Request] Webhooks

HI,

I already asked for this via the support, but it might be also relevant for others, so I post it here.

I like to see webhooks in TestRail, so that one can receive notifications for a defined set of actions, like creating or updating a test case. Adding new results to a test or similar.

This is how Bitbucket offers webhooks:

which I think is quite nice. One can define the endpoint the request is sent to and a set of actions that triggers such a request.

The request could be JSON or similar and containing information about the corresponding action.

Currently the only possibility to receive such notification, is to poll the server constantly and creating an enormous overhead with it.

Please consider this in a future release of TestRail

thanks
Andreas

Getting TestRail notifications to Slack

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your posting. Yes, web hooks are already on our feature request list and this is something we would like to look into as well for a future version. I currently don’t have an estimate for this feature and a good implementation can be quite complex but I’m happy to add another vote, thanks for your feedback!

Cheers,
Tobias

I could see this being quite useful too, can you please add a vote for us too? :slight_smile:

Thanks for your feedback, Glenn, sure :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias

I wait this feature as well!

Thanks for your feedback, Shin!

Cheers,
Tobias

We need this feature. Really looking forward for this.

Thanks for your feedback, Tigran :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias

+500 for this feature)

Hey there,

I have gone ahead and added your vote for this as well.

consider this my vote.

Hi Erict,

Thanks for your feedback, vote added!

Regards,
Marco

I’d like to have this feature as well,

Thank you,
Carlos

Thanks Carlos, I’ve added your vote as well!

Regards,
Marco

+1

This feature would be so helpful so integrate Testrail with other tools. Please consider my vote.

Thanks,
Marivel