Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature request: Test Suites Sections and Lock TestCase

Hi Test Rail team!

We want to define some feature requests which are important for us in development process:

1. It’s necessary to add additional sections inside the “Test Suites” tab - it causes us to create some Suites and Test plans in more difficult way without this option. With this option we can create a section with several TestSuites inside it.

2. It’s very important to have the possibility to block the TestCase while it being edited: it’ll make this test case protected from editing or deletion at the same time while first editor make a changes.

Thanks and regards,
Rikki

Hello Rikki,

Thanks for your posting. Please see below for my answers:

1. You can already define folders and sub-folders (sections) in the test suites themselves, so it may make sense to use this structure for this. We usually recommend creating just a few, larger test suites as opposed to creating dozens of test suites. That said, it is also already planned to look into improving the support for projects with many test suites.

2. I’ve added this as a feature request for now, thank you. You can already see the history for test cases (on the History tab when viewing a test cases), but I understand that locking test cases or better support for concurrent editing may also be useful in some situations. We will make sure to look into it for a future version of TestRail.

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further feedback/questions.

Regards,
Tobias