Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature Request: test run specific priority

I would like to be able to set priority, or urgency, for individual test runs. I know there is the ability to add a test priority for a particular Test Case. At a test case level that makes that priority more of a strategic global priority. I have had multiple projects running in parallel with a milestone for each. In many cases there are tests that are high priority to run but they are not necessarily the same tests between milestones nor are they the same from project to project. So it would be useful to have the tactical ability to set priority on an individual Test Run level.

Hi David,

Thanks for your posting! Yes, this is already on our feature request list and thanks for your feedback, happy to add another vote.

Cheers,
Tobias

glad to hear it is on the list. my forum search failed me :slight_smile:

Overall i have been impressed with TestRail and i look forward to using more features and seeing what else you come up with.

Hi David,

That’s great to hear and please let me know in case anything else comes up, happy to help. You can find a good overview of the last few versions on our blog if you are interested:

https://blog.gurock.com/tag/testrail-release/

Cheers,
Tobias