Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature Request: Send Report as PDF Attachment

Thanks for your feedback, Jarod!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hello, I would like to add my vote too.
For a pdf, or directly in the mail body.

Thanks for your feedback, Bernard!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hello
I would like to add my vote to this

Do you have public voting on the Feature request, I think its better to let users vote directly instead of adding a reply to thread. It would also give idea of how many votes each feature request got.

Thanks

Hi Mani,

Thanks for your feedback! Our feature request list is not public currently and we use an internal list and this forum to keep track of feature requests and todos.

Cheers,
Tobias

Another up-vote from my team! Definitely less of a hassle (and, to be honest, less confusion at the receiving end of one of these reports)

Thanks for your feedback, @Flappyjacks :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias

+1 vote from me please.

Our company is very strict about security and zip files are stripped at the exchange server level.

For a report, it’s the high level summary and simplicity of a PDF that our management team is looking for.

Hi Dang,

Thanks for your feedback, happy to add another vote. Would it be possible to whitelist the TestRail sender address so that the emails go through?

Cheers,
Tobias

+1 for pdf reports. I understand the benefits of the HTML format, but a lot of them are lost if you are trying to share reports with folks who don’t have TestRail accounts.

Thanks for your feedback, Michael!

Cheers,
Tobias

Would be great to have report generated in a PDF format. It would make much better impression of a self contained report.
The benefit of having single file outweighs any pros of HTML format as this is still available through the webpage.

The disadvantages of HTML format are multiple files / folders that have to be unpacked in order to view report. Other, even more negative is inclusion of the js files, this does not create good impression in terms of internet security as there are known cases of spam emails with harmful js files attached as a part of an html document.

Thanks for your feedback, Robert! I added another vote to this feature request.

Cheers,
Tobias

+1 for report PDFs!
Having a report rendered out in a single self-contained file which can be opened and read on all sorts of platforms would be fantastic.
Currently, grappling with HTML, CSS, JS etc inside the ZIP file adds extra handling which we’d love to do away with.

+1 for PDF reports as the testers should get the reports per mail and I don’t want to have another 2 hour session for 50 people to explain why we send no pdfs and that it’s too complicated.

Thanks

Hi James, Niklas,

Thanks for your feedback, that’s appreciated!

Cheers,
Tobias

+1 for PDF reporting Email

Thanks for your feedback, Volodia!

Cheers,
Tobias

+287 (if my whole company agrees?) right, right?

Seriously we understand that you like to push ‘what you feel is better looking’, but for most of us, that doesn’t matter. What matters is getting executive summaries quickly and easily.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your feedback, that’s appreciated!

Cheers,
Tobias