Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature Request: Move action buttons to the top

When I view a test case, the previous/next, print, and edit items are at the top. However, when I edit a test case, the save/cancel buttons are at the bottom.

I’d like to request that these be moved to occupy the same area as the prev/next &c items. I wrote a Greasemonkey script that does this, which I can email in if you’d like.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for your posting. I understand that having the Submit button at the top of the page could be useful for longer forms and we will look into this. We want to have a consistent layout across all pages/forms though and need to make sure that such a change would still be a good fit for TestRail’s user interface. You can also select a string field on the form and press the Enter button to submit the form, by the way.

In case you haven’t seen this yet, it’s also possible to include Greasemonkey-like scripts in TestRail and use this feature to adjust the user interface of TestRail for your entire team. The feature is called UI Script and you can learn more about this on our website here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-integration/custom-uiscripts

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dennis