Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature Request:Link test cases and suites to multiple suites

As a QA Engineer I would like to be able to link test cases and suites to multiple suites

I would like to be able to link test cases and suites to multiple suites so that If I have feature A and B and I need coverage for Web and Mobile platforms I want to be able to create a Suite for feature A which includes test cases and suites for Web and Mobile platforms. I also want to be able to create a Suite for Mobile platform which includes feature A and B test cases and suites without duplicating any of the tests cases or suites.

Hi gokhan,

Thanks for your posting. We would usually recommend using a single suite/case repository and using other means to differentiate/group your cases. For example, you can look into using a tag field (multi-select) or a different field and this approach is often used. Using a single suite/case repository avoids test case duplication and also makes it much easier to create test runs and reports for the entire case repository in a project.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias