Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature request: Link Jira Issue to test plan or test run - and display aggregated test status in Jira Issue

Adding another +1 for this feature

I have gone ahead and added a vote for you.

+1 for this feature, having to edit test cases to add the reference is a time hit. We would like to be able to link at the results level not just case level.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your feedback! I’ve added your vote and feedback to the request as well.

Regards,
Marco

Hi there,

Adding my +1 for this feature.

Just want to throw a thought into this thread. It sounds like most of the linking is so that we can see the current status of any test cases that are part of active test runs. To me the most useful way of showing this would be to add a section into Jira that shows a table consisting of the following for each linked test in an active test plan for any linked test cases:

Project
Milestone
Test Run
Test ID
Status of Test
Assignee (optional)
Test Case ID
Test Case Title (unsure if this is required)

+1 on this feature. We need to be able to link a User Story to a test run, so everyone can see the status of the tests

Hi,

+1 on this feature, is there any update on where this falls on the roadmap @tgurock or @mgarcia?

Many thanks,
S

Hi,

I have added one more vote from me. It’s a must have feature for us.

Thanks

Nazmul

Thanks for listening to the community input and implementing the “Link a Test Run to Jira” feature. Do you have a schedule, estimate, or even an educated guess as to when this will be available? I don’t mean to pressure you or anything, I am just excited about the feature and look forward to implementing it. It will be a boon for our QA team as our company grows.

Thanks again,
Infiniterider

Add a vote for me as well. This is a snag I’ve run into testing the product. Specifically, at this time I was hoping to find the option to select existing test cases within a given JIRA ticket, rather than having to create a test plan or manually add the references to each test. Even being able to bulk add cases to issues (haven’t figured out how to do this) is an undesirable work-around, as it still requires leaving the JIRA ticket to do so.

I’d also like to vote for this feature. Is there any updates on development timeline?

Adding my +1 for adding the ability to link JIRA issues to a test plan or run.

Please add my vote to this useful enhancement.

Please add my vote also for this feature. We have a similar approach that is already mentioned by other users.
We are planing to do a regression test every two weeks. Each week should be represented by a new Jira Issue with new Ids.
So we thought about linking the ticket to the testplan in testrail. And i was surprised that this obvious solution was not offered

Adding my +1 too. I have these same issues as described, and would really like to see a progress bar that can show execution status and also the number of tests linked, but not yet run.

+11 votes from our QA team

Hi

It’s two years since i posted this feature request now and it has collected quite a few votes, so what do you think Gurock? Any chance we will see this feature released this year?

Best Regards
Håvard Kommedal
Bouvet

Hi Marco,

Our QA team is waiting for this feature as well. Per our Agile process it makes more sense to link the Jira ticket to a test plan instead of individual test cases. Please provide us with a status on this an if it will be released soon. There are multiple discussions on this with many votes in the last 1-2 years. I think its time you guys implemented or we will be forced to go else where.

At the least provide us with the code base to modify it on our own.

Thanks!

Last released in 2015, is this correct?