Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature request: implement search function (to search within test steps descriptions/ expected results)

I would like to see TestRail being updated with a function to search for any value (strings etc), in test steps. There is already a search function implemented in TestRail, however text used in test steps descriptions/Results, are not incorporated in the search function.

A vote from me too.
Was very disappointed when I found out how limited searching was, especially coming from Jira where can search on pretty much any field.

Hello,

Thanks for the post! We do have plans to review the search functionality to make improvements where possible in the future. In the meantime, depending on what you are searching for, it might be better to use a different method such as the sorting and filtering options in the test runs / test suites or similar. I’ve also added two more votes to this feature request. I hope this helps!

Regards,
John