Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature Request: GoToAssist Service integration for bugs/problems

Hi,

Is there an easier way to have it put into TestRail once the problem is submitted in GTA?

As I posted elsewhere in another thread we’re using Citrix GoToAssist Service Desk for reporting problems. I’ve gotten it configured here for reporting a bug and viewing but it seems a little kludgey in regards to how we’ll have to file the bugs within TestRail, i.e. I fail a test and it pops up the GTA service associated with the project in another tab and then I have to copy/paste the problem number into the TestRail window so it’s linked to the GTA service associated with it for viewing it later.

Thanks for looking! If you need more information drop me an email Tobias/Dennis.

Mike

Hello Mike,

We don’t currently have a defect plugin for GTA Service Desk like we have for JIRA etc. where the ID is automatically entered for you. This is the first time a customer has been using GTA for this and we added it to the list to look into for future integrations. Based on the same this appears to more of a help desk system than a typical issue/bug tracker, is that correct?

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

It is being used for problem (bugs), change (change requests), customer service, knowledge (knowledge base stuff) as services within GTA (my boss is the admin so he sets up the services, who can see/access what, etc). It does appear to sort of work as in a project for integration I point it to the associated service (e.g. consumer app) for filing a new bug and linking it for viewing. The problem is the linking part, I have to manually enter the number into the TestRail defect box. Once it is there, it links over to view the problem.

Mike

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the additional details. The full defect plugin functionality is available for a variety of different issue trackers such as JIRA, Redmine, FogBugz (and a lot more) but currently not for GTA. You can still use the generic link-based integration as you currently do but the full Push/Lookup functionality is only supported with issue trackers with defect plugin support in TestRail. The most popular issue trackers used together with TestRail are JIRA, Redmine, FogBugz, OnTime, Rally, YouTrack as well as GitHub/Bitbucket (there are others as well).

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

So it sounds like you can’t or won’t implement this tighter into TestRail even when they have API calls to hook into it? We aren’t going to be using any of the tools that you currently support (not my call) at this time and I doubt in the foreseeable future. So it looks like we’ll have to live with it unfortunately…

Mike

Hello Mike,

We are regularly adding integrations for additional tools but we cannot usually say in advance when/if new defect plugins get added, as this usually depends on the demand for specific tools and also how well the APIs etc. work. That said you would generally also be able to use our generic integration in the meantime here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-integration/defects-urls

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I mis-typed about not using anything supported. We’re apparently going to be using Jira in the near future (OnDemand) so I’ll be changing how things interact with it and TestRail. I will have to go back and re-read the info here on jira integration and additional fields/info to get it configured up soon.

Mike

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the update. JIRA is the most popular defect tracker used with TestRail and the integration is quite advanced (and flexible/customizable). You can find details on how to configure this here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-integration/tools-jira-rest

Regards,
Tobias

I would like to request an integration configuration between Podio and GoToAssist Service Desk. We are wanting our employees to create service tickets in Podio, however we want that specific information to be placed in our GoToAssist application as well, this is for auditing purposes. If you can create those connections like you have to GoToMeeting, that would be wonderful.
Thank you.

9Apps VidMate Mobdro