Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature Request: Export of whole project

The export option only applies to each test suite. It would be useful to be able to export the whole project – all suites – in one go.

It’s currently quite time consuming, and leads to manual errors.

Hello,

Yes, this is planned and we will look into it for a future version of TestRail. If you are interested in this for backup purposes, then I would recommend using the tools of your database for this (e.g. SQL Server Management Studio or mysqldump).

TestRail Hosted allows you to download a full dump of your database (in raw SQL format, for both MySQL and SQL Server).

Regards,
Tobias

Hello Tobias,

you mentioned:

Even though I have TestRail Admin rights I am not able to find the “Download” button for the dump - any thoughts please?

BR
Steffen

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your posting! Are you on TestRail Hosted/Cloud? You can then schedule and download a full database dump under Administration > Subscription.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Thank you, Tobias. That helped, I was able to backup our DB.

BR
Steffen

You are welcome, Steffen, and great to hear that!

Cheers,
Tobias

hello
i would like to migrate from cloud to server and i cant export testcases.
is there migration process?

thanks

Bojan

Hi Bojan,

Yes, there’s a migration process and you can download a full backup/dump on Administration > Subscription. The restore instructions can be found here on our documentation website:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/admin-restoring-backup

Happy to help in case anything is unclear or if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Tobias