Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature Request: display ‘assigned to’ information associated with test runs

Either in the Test Runs & Results or Todo tab it would be useful to have the ability to see what user(s) are assigned to a specific Test Run. I realize there may be multiple people associated with a single test run. In my use of TestRail there are usually only 1 or 2 people associated with a test run. Rather than drill into and pop out of specific test runs to identify who is working on what, it would be nice to have the assignee information at the test run level. I should probably mention that I do use both Test Suites and Test Cases.

I can see a couple possible ways to deal with not wanting to display multiple users; the simplest might be to show the top 2/3 based on number of test cases in that run.

Hi David,

Thanks for your posting! You can find the assignees per test run if you open the run and then click on the Assigned To column. This would group your tests by the Assigned To property and lists all users with assigned tests in the sidebar.

Cheers,
Tobias

yes thanks for the reply, that is how I need to do it right now. the optimization I see would be to have the assignee information displayable a level higher. I find it most useful to look at test status at the plan level, but i have to do extra clicking to dive into the run and then pop back. that also means i can’t see multiple test run assignees at the same time.

Hi David,

Yes, this makes sense and thanks for your feedback! You could open the runs in separate browser tabs (and then close the tab again) and this would save a few clicks but I understand that having this information directly on the plan/run overview would be great to have.

Cheers,
Tobias