Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature request: Dashboard -> highlighted running tests

Hi !

When I want a quick overview, I go to the dashboard in testrail.
Unfortunately, running tests are not highligthed.
Only the small number besides “runs” shows me actual ongoing tests.
-> If you have many projects, you have to look closer…

It would be great, if running tests were highlighted.

Thanks,

Philip

Hello Philip,

Thanks for your posting. You can expand projects on the dashboard page to see the currently active milestones. This usually helps a lot with getting a good project overview.

(click on the > to see the active milestones, if you don’t see this icon you need to change the view mode via the yellow icons in the toolbar)

We don’t list the active test runs because this could easily reach dozens of test runs and this might be bit too overwhelming for a global, top-level overview.

Regards,
Tobias

Hello Philip!

You can achieve this with the help of UI Scripts. Have a look at this one:

https://github.com/quincunx/testrail-ui-scripts/tree/master/dashboard-highlight-active-projects

UI Scripts are quite powerful. The following script sorts the project list on the Dashboard (Compact View only) by the due date of active milestones and highlights overdue ones:

https://github.com/quincunx/testrail-ui-scripts/tree/master/dashboard-enhanced-project-list

Regards,
Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for providing UI scripts for this. We will definitely make sure to try them out! I just noticed one thing: I would recommend removing the calls to console.log as this would result in a JavaScript error with some IE versions if the developer tools are not active.

Regards,
Tobias

Hi Tobias!

[quote=tgurock]I would recommend removing the calls to console.log as this would result in a JavaScript error with some IE versions if the developer tools are not active.
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice - I’ve removed them.

Regards,
Chris

You are welcome, Chris!