Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

[Feature Request] Copying steps from test cases

Thanks for your feedback! We currently don’t have a time frame or expected release date unfortunately. It’s a complex feature with all the functionality TestRail already has but we are happy to review this again for a future version.

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi guys, I would like to add my vote to this feature request. Thanx!

Thanks, Vladimir!

Cheers,
Tobias

Adding my vote to this feature. It would be really useful for our test team!
In which version do you plan to release it?

Thanks!!
Luigi

Thanks for your feedback, Luigi! We currently don’t have a time frame or estimate at this point but it’s definitely planned to look into this.

Cheers,
Tobias

Add my vote please. Got to have this feature!

Thanks for your feedback, Yury!

Cheers,
Tobias

I won’t be too original to add my vote to this…

Looking at how good the TestRail seems to be (still evaluating) I just can’t believe you did not implemented such a useful feature :-/

Thanks for your feedback, Rado, happy to add another vote!

Cheers,
Tobiasd

Add my vote for this feature request please.

Cheers,
Tuomas

add another vote please :grinning:

Thanks Tuomas and Dani,

Votes added!

Regards,
Marco

add another vote please.

Thanks Rich! Vote added!

Regards,
Marco

Another vote for this feature please.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your feedback! I’ve added your vote as well.

Regards,
Marco

One more vote for this feature.

Best regards,
Sigurbjörn

Hi Sigurbjörn,

We have added your vote for this.

Cheers,
Marty

Consider this another vote for the feature. I would however like to go even further with the functionality:

A user should be able to “append to all in selection/filter” with steps, preconditions, and/or expected results.

So say that you have 500 cases in a suite for a specific feature - and there is a major change to the UI that would invalidate all the steps for all those cases because they wouldn’t mention the new UI interactions.

I’d like to be able to append steps to the beginning (or end) of every test case in that suite with the new information, regardless of the existing differences between all the cases and their steps.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply! I’ve added your vote as well as your specific feedback to the feature request, as it always helps to have various use cases / reasons for any specific feature.

Regards,
Marco