Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

[Feature Request] Copying steps from test cases

Hey all,

I’ve recently realized that selecting a few steps from one test case and copying them to another would become a really cool and helpful feature.
Sometimes it happens that, for example, first 5 steps are similar in different cases. So instead of copying the test case, renaming it and removing unnecessary steps it would be great if a user could just select the required steps from one test case and copy them to another.

Sincerely,
Artem.

Hello Artem,

Thanks for your posting! Yes, that’s something we would like to look into as well in the future and we already have this on our feature request list. I’m happy to add another vote to this feature request.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hello,

Can I add my vote to that feature request as well as that would be an incredibly helpful feature which would speed up the creation of test cases!

Many thanks

Mark

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your feedback! Sure, happy to add another vote :slightly_smiling:

Cheers,
Tobias

I also like to vote for this.

When creating several test cases via the inline addition in the test suite view, you might have several existing test cases that are similar. Then it would be great to be able to copy the individual steps of one to another.

Happy to add another vote, thanks for your feedback :slightly_smiling:

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi

I arrived here trying to find out how to copy test steps from one case to another, something I used to do a lot of in HP ALM and Squash TM. It is a highly useful and time saving device. Please add some more votes and bump it up your to do list!

Cheers
Beth

Thanks for your feedback, Beth, happy to add another vote :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias

Adding my vote to this feature. It would be really useful - I have many test cases that are later on adjusted and copying not the whole case but just some steps would be a big time saver.

Thanks!
Ania

Added, thanks Ania :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias

I’d like to add my vote to this feature as well. We use step by step verification for all our cases so being able to bulk copy ones over simply would be a great benefit

Cheers,

Neil

Thanks for your feedback, Neil!

Cheers,
Tobias

I would like to add my vote to this as well

Thanks, Michael!

Cheers,
Tobias

I would to add my vote…

Thanks for your feedback, Steve!

Cheers,
Tobias

+1 I would also like to see copy of test steps added as a feature.

Thanks, Walter!

Cheers,
Tobias

When will this feature be released? My team is really waiting for it.

I would like to add a vote for this feature