Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature Request: Clone/move test suites with structure across projects

Currently there is no way to copy the entire test suite structure from one project to another.
The only two ways of doing it are:

1. export + import (never tried)
  2. create the empty structure in the new project and move/clone the old ones (this is pretty messy as copy/move feature ignores the empty sections and it does not copy the entire structure)

I know there is probably already a feature request like this listed earlier but may I ask the possible ETA of this feature as well as the clone project feature as our company is currently evaluating the software and possibly looking to subscribe/buy TestRail project if it has features suit our needs.

Thanks,

Cheng

Hello Cheng,

Thanks for your posting. We currently look into a suite copy feature but don’t have a ETA yet unfortunately. I’ve explained another approach in the other posting that may work as well (basically milestones + closing test runs).

Regards,
Tobias

Hi tgurock,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the workaround and will use it until the feature is released.

Thanks,

Cheng

[quote=tgurock]Hello Cheng,

Thanks for your posting. We currently look into a suite copy feature but don’t have a ETA yet unfortunately. I’ve explained another approach in the other posting that may work as well (basically milestones + closing test runs).

Regards,
Tobias[/quote]

Sounds good. Just let me know in case you have any further questions.

Regards,
Tobias