Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature Request - Clickeable pie chart in milestone view

Hello,
Milestone can be composed of many test plans. Similarly, a test plan can be composed of many test suites. It is very helpful to view the pie chart at both the milestone and testplan level.

As a manager, when I see that there are 10 blockers in a particular milestone, I would like to view them as quickly as possible so that I can work on unblocking these issues.

It would make sense to be able to click on this blocked piece in the pie chart and TestRail should show me all the blocked tests. Currently, the 10 blockers in a milestone are spread across various test plans and I have to go to each test plan and then go to some testsuite within that testplan to finally view the blocked testcase.

Would be great if this can be part of the next release.

Hello Ali,

Thanks for your posting. I have good news for you :slight_smile:

There will be a report in TestRail 3.0 that can show you the tests for an entire milestone and also apply a filter (e.g. only show the tests with a status of Blocked or Failed or something else) so this should cover your scenario. You can even create scheduled reports for this which are automatically created for you and TestRail notifies you when they are available (e.g. once a day or week).

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

Regards,
Tobias

awesome. What is the tentative date for the 3.0 release.

This is currently scheduled for end of June/early July but this can still change a bit.

Regards,
Tobias