Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Feature request: Attatchmetns/attachemtn management at a sectional level

Would it be possible to have attachments at a sectional level. Currently I Use/abuse the section description insert image to upload files and create a link. however this gets difficult to manage and leaves files behind if the link is removed or changed.

Having Attachment management as it is at test case level would be a huge benefit.

Hi!

We are happy to add this to our feature request list, thanks for the feedback! You can add (inline-) images and other links to the section description as you mentioned but I understand that attachments would be great to have as well and we will make sure to look into this.

Cheers,
Tobias

I would like to second this request! But thanks to the OP for pointing out I can attach images to the section description.

Thanks for your feedback, Jeff! I added another vote to this feature request.

Cheers,
Tobias

Hy,
Also for us, we would like to be able to have a central place for attachments. The sections level is not bad, but I would even go further. I think it would be better on solution or even project level.
Cheers,
Claudio

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for your feedback! I’ve added your vote to this request as well.

Regards,
Marco

We would also be interested in this feature… Any idea if this could be coming soon? Right now we use link to external document, but it would be better to have the document in TestRail directly.

Thanks,

Alex