It would be very useful to allow customization to the current embedded progress and statics chart shown during test runs and their summary pages. Especially to those who customize their status’s to be unique or to adhere to teams philosophies of testing.
This would also support/remove the need for the UI script to make some of this possible as per the thread
[[UI Script] Account for custom passed status]
: [UI Script] Account for custom passed status
Our team uses custom status’s and a different philosophy on test case management within the tool. We concluded that testing is never actually finished, just the assignment and passed/failed is considered based on the bugs identified.
We would like this embedded report, to instead, be able to;
- Choose which status’s are visible in the results/chart (including untested)
- Defined what Calculation is being done for the primary (the bold) of each status result
- Choose (up to a limit) how many additional calculations can be referenced underneath each status. (like the current % of test cases)
- Calculations per status: test case Count
- Sum of Est Time
- Sum of Actual
- (Or both in comparison. i.e 23h of 43h,)
- What time value to report as d, h, h m, m s, etc
- Nice to have - Total bug count
- Nice to have - the max count for the leading bug affecting the most test cases.
- Which status’s are used to calculate the total % for the Pie Chart. i.e. All or from a specific selection of status’s.
- Change what calculates into the current “total % Passed”. Any of the above calculations to be the Primary indicator as the Pie chart already demonstrates a % covered
- Lastly, the option to disable the graphic of the Chart or the report entirely, from being displayed within specific pages. If so, then to control it via role permissions. (i.e. Testers don’t need to see this active data as they should be focused on their tests but is a valuable asset via the ToDo screen.
I know its a big request but its also a whole new layer of flexibility and maybe something can be useful to expand the existing reports.