Subscribe Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

Feature Request: ability to copy test cases within same project

Hello

On the test case list view, if I need to copy test cases within sections then there is no way to do that. Request a feature to enable test case duplication so we don’t have to type out everything when we need to modify a small part of test case

Hi @abhay
obviously I didn’t get your point, but TestRail offers the feature to copy test cases within a project or even across projects.
http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-userguide/userguide-tips#moving_and_copying_test_cases
Especially within a section you can drag&drop cases.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out @kwirth. I can see the little grip icon to do that.

However, the grip icon is not there when you sort on any row. I was unable to see that earlier as my columns were sorted. Hence the request

1 Like

Hi @kwirth

If you sort by something the icon is missing, but you still have this icon at the top

so you can just select your cases and copy/move them through it.

Hi @ivaylo.nakov,
thanks for the clarification, but I’m the wrong addressee. :sunglasses:

@ivaylo.nakov
You can’t copy test cases within same project using the shown Copy or Move cases button at the top. That only works with project-> another project copy.