Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Externally blessed reports?

Are there plans to have reports that can be blessed and viewed without logging in to TestRail? I’m imagining a dashboard or view for developers who want to see test status but shouldn’t need a license or account.

Thanks!

I’ve also requested this :slight_smile: I specifically would love to see a Confluence plugin that publishes a Test Suite or Test Run to a wiki page.

Hello,

Thanks for your postings. Yes, TestRail 3.0 will come with a new reporting area and this will also allow you to send reports via email to external people without a TestRail account. This will also support scheduling and automatically sending reports in regular intervals. It is still recommended to have TestRail’s accounts for all people involved in testing/development though and this makes it much easier and convenient to work together as a team and allows everyone to contribute.

It is also planned to look into providing integrations with Jira and/or Confluence dashboards but this won’t be available with the next version.

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further question.

Regards,
Tobias