Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Extended api to add whole test plans/cases/runs hierarchy

Hello,

What’s the proper method for adding a new plan and adding suites/cases to that plan using the extended api (we have v1.4)?

When I try to use add_plan, along with a suite id as a parameter, it adds the plan to the database, but without any test cases associated with it. When I try to view it on the webpage or use add_plan_entries, I get an “invalid plan id” error (I assume because there aren’t any cases associated with it).

edit:
Here is an entry added by the extended miniapi:

[{"suite_id":63,"name":"SLT","include_all":true,"assignedto_id":false,"case_ids":[],"config":null,"config_ids":[],"entry_id":"432c8bb4-0f9a-47ef-ae23-a4d171d8af58","entry_index":0}]

Here’s an entry added by the webpage:

[{"entry_id":"746378cd-eeee-4c27-a884-82fe86ed6248","suite_id":"63","config_ids":[],"name":"LOT#234234","assignedto_id":false,"include_all":"0","case_ids":[2630],"index":0}]

They don’t seem to match.

Thanks!
-Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your posting. We’ve changed and improved the test plan API functionality since API version 1.4. I’ve just sent you the updated files in a separate email and it would be great if you could test the new version.

Thanks,
Dennis