Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Exporting the history (updates) of multiple Test Cases

Hi!
I’d like to ask if there is some way to export the History tab of Test Cases in selected sections. What I like to have is the list of all the changes made to each Test Case, not only the last update.

Is there a report available for such kind of information? Or maybe shall I use the testrail API?

Hello Aleksandra,

Thanks for your posting! There’s currently no dedicated report for this and this information is only shown on the History tab per case. The Cases > Activity Summary report would show if a case was updated or added, but this serves as a quick overview and the actual changes can then be found on the History tab per test case.

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,
Thanks for the reply. Is there maybe a plan to add such feature? Or a possibility to do something like this via the API?
Cheers,
Aleksandra

Hello Aleksandra,

We are happy to look into this for a future version and a report that summarizes all changes would be great to have. I’ve just added this as a possible future enhancement, thanks for the suggestion! It’s currently not possible to read the case history via the API and you would need to review the case history on the History tab per case. You can use the Cases > Activity Summary report to get a list of cases with changes but the actual changes are listed on the History tab.

Cheers,
Tobias

FYI I raised a similar request here:

Added, thanks!

Cheers,
Tobias