Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

ETA on bulk editing of test cases

Hello,

I’ve reviewed the previous posts regarding the feature request for bulk editing of test cases. I just wanted to check and see if there was an ETA for this feature? Its a possible deciding factor in our eval of TestRail.

Thank you!
-Chris
SNC

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your posting. We currently don’t have an ETA for the bulk-edit feature unfortunately. It’s one of the next bigger features we would like to work on but it probably won’t be available within the next few months unfortunately. That said, it’s high on our todo list as this is a very popular feature request. There are a few workarounds for this in the meantime as mentioned in the other postings (i.e. XML import + update option or using the API).

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions!

Regards,
Tobias

From what I hear it looks like 2-3 wks we should see a bulk update Update to TestRail in I think the form of a new version. What I am hoping is that this will allow modification of custom fields. I would expect that to be the case though.

Mike

[quote=msoucy]From what I hear it looks like 2-3 wks we should see a bulk update Update to TestRail in I think the form of a new version. What I am hoping is that this will allow modification of custom fields. I would expect that to be the case though.

Mike[/quote]
According to Tobias in this thread - bulk editing is still a couple months off. I would take that to mean either version 4 will be late or bulk editing will not be included as originally planned.

Hello Mike, Brian,

Thanks for your postings. The bulk-edit feature will be introduced with the upcoming 4.0 which will be released later this month. Bulk-edit will also have full support for custom fields.

I hope this helps!

Tobias

That is good news as I will be surely checking this feature out once it’s online.

Mike

That is good news as I will be surely checking this feature out once it’s online.

Mike

Thanks for the update, sounds good. Your feedback on this would be very welcome!

Regards,
Tobias