Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Error in adding new project or edit project permission after DB migration

I have recently migrated testrail to a new AWS RDS mysql server and imported the dbdump from old mysql server. Please suggest any fix for this.

Hello Vivek,

Thanks for your posting! I believe we already answered this email as well but this is related to a PHP option (max_input_vars) and a high number of users in your TestRail installation.

This issue is caused by a PHP configuration option (which limits the amount of POST variables) and the fact that you have more than 1000 users in your TestRail installations. PHP limits the number of POST variables to 1000 by default.

Please make sure to increase the limit of the ‘max_input_vars’ variable in the php.ini configuration file of your TestRail installation/web server. You or your IT can increase this value by editing the php.ini and adding the following line to the end of the file:

max_input_vars = 10000

The php.ini can usually be found under /etc/php or /etc/php5 (Unix/Linux).

Please make sure to restart your web server after making the changes.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Thanks for the response. changing php.ini with max_input_vars = 10000 solved the problem and work fine now

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the confirmation and great to hear that this helped :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias