Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Entries.runs uses an invalid combination of configurations (use one from each group)

Hey, I’m calling add_plan API to create a new test plan. But I got the error saying “[{“error”:“Field :entries.runs uses an invalid combination of configurations (use one from each group).”}] with status [400]”

My understanding of this issue is that no two ids in the “config_ids” inside “entries” -> “runs” are from the same config group. I doubled checked my “config_ids”. But I still get the same error.

Could anyone give more explanation about the error above? some examples are welcome. Thanks.

Below is my get_configuration JSon:

[{“id”:69,“name”:“Device”,“project_id”:83,“configs”:[{“id”:459,“name”:“DID1”,“group_id”:69},{“id”:462,“name”:“DID2”,“group_id”:69}]},{“id”:71,“name”:“Country”,“project_id”:83,“configs”:[{“id”:463,“name”:“US”,“group_id”:71}]},{“id”:70,“name”:“Page”,“project_id”:83,“configs”:[{“id”:461,“name”:“PAGE1”,“group_id”:70},{“id”:460,“name”:“Page2”,“group_id”:70}]}]

add_plan request JSon:

{“name”:“My test plan”,“description”:null,“milestone_id”:null,“entries”:[{“suite_id”:7791,“name”:null,“description”:null,“assignedto_id”:null,“include_all”:null,“case_ids”:null,“config_ids”:[459,460,463],“runs”:[{“include_all”:false,“config_ids”:[459,460],“case_ids”:[645860]},{“include_all”:false,“config_ids”:[459,463],“case_ids”:[645861]}]}]}