Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Email Report When a Test Fails

My team and I want high visibility on test cases that are marked with a certain status. How do we set up email or slack notifications when certain test cases in a run fail?

0 Likes

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! In TestRail, you can configure email notifications to be sent out when you add a result to a test and the test was assigned to a user (assigned user will receive notification) OR when a user is explicitly subscribed for changes to the test run / test (via the email icon in the test run / test toolbar)

Please note that email notifications for test runs and results are not sent to your own user account if you perform the action yourself (e.g. if you assign a test run to yourself, or add results to a test case you were assigned).

In this case, if a user is set as watching a test run, they would get updates to test cases in the test run when new results are added.

Regarding Slack, I’ve responded to you’re other thread here: Slack Integration for Case Failure Reporting

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions either here or by contacting the support team at contact@gurock.com and we’ll be happy to help.

0 Likes