Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Elapsed totals calculation

Hi,

i would like to know is there any place where i can see totals per test suite for elapsed time ?

This becomes very handy when we need to see how much time engineer actually spent. If you look estimations seciton this is not close to what it acutally took.

Thanks,
Viljam

Hello Viljam,

Thanks for your posting. There’s currently no place in TestRail that displays this unfortunately. The Progress pages display the forecast values and this also takes into account the elapsed values but TestRail currently doesn’t display the aggregated value for all elapsed values of a given test run or plan. That said, we’ve got this request before and it is planned to look into this for one of the next versions.

Regards,
Tobias

Thanks for the answer:)

I think every testrail user will benefit from this feature and it makes our estimation what we had over to other much more accurate.

I belive this feature should not be very hard to implement either and i hope its coming !

Viljam

Hello Viljam,

Thanks for your feedback on this. Yes, I agree that this would be useful to have and we’ve got this request before. I don’t have a concrete time frame for this currently but we will make sure to look into this again for one of the next updates.

Regards,
Tobias

Hello Viljam,

This feature made it into the new 3.0.2 release and the aggregated elapsed value is now displayed on the Progress pages for runs/plans/milestones. You can learn more about the new version here:

http://forum.gurock.com/topic/1365/testrail-302-released/

Regards,
Tobias