Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Edit multiple tests

In my case i have i.e. 10 tests in a testsuite with priority set to “5 - Must Test” Now I want to change all of them to “3 - If time” or any other value. Is it possible to edit multiple test cases at the same time ?

Thanks for you help!

Cheers,
Dennis

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for your posting. There’s currently no support in the UI for editing multiple test cases at once (this is planned, though). As a workaround, you can use the XML export, change the priorities in the XML file (e.g. via Find & Replace) and then import the XML file again (with the ‘Update existing test cases’ option checked).

Please let me know in case anything is unclear or if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Tobias

Thanks for your answer Tobias!

Not very fast but it’s a workaround for now :slight_smile: I’d love to have an option to change multiple test-cases simultaneously. Especially, when managing a lot of testers and dealing with a lot of milestones you have to assign, reassign, change priority etc. very often.

Cheers,
Dennis

Thanks fort asking troyleep2 … I was wondering the same thing myself. @Dennis do you have an estimate of when this functionality will be available?

Hello Darrel,

Thanks for your posting. We don’t have an estimate for this feature at this point unfortunately but it is planned to look into this for one of the versions after the next one (which focuses on reporting). Please let me know in case I can help with anything else.

Regards,
Tobias