Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Displaying total count from filtered list

I cannot recall if this feature was there at one point and removed, but it would be very handy if the filtered results for any list showed the total number returned - preferably at the top of the list vs the bottom. Currently searching for it in the test case list but I think this would be useful for any returned list from a filter set. If it exists, could someone point out where/how? If not please consider this an enhancement request.
Thanks

Hello Liam,

Thanks for your posting! The number of matched cases is already displayed on the Select Cases dialog and this might be the location where you’ve seen this feature. Another place where this is displayed is the bulk-edit page. I agree that displaying the number of matches on the suite or run pages as well would be great to have and we already have this on our feature request list. I’m happy to add another vote to this feature request, thanks again for your feedback!

Regards,
Tobias

Also a vote for this feature :slight_smile:

Added! Thanks Daniel :smile:

Regards,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias,

We no longer use test suites, just a single test bucket with multi-level groups. You mentioned adding this feature to the suite and/or run pages was on your feature request list. If the distinction matters when you implement the feature, could you also include it for the test case list page (see below) vs just the suite and run pages?

Thanks again - looking forward it.

o it.

Hi Liam,

Thanks for your reply! This would also automatically apply to single-suite projects with a single case repository.

Regards,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

It’s been about 4 months, so I figured I’d check in and see if this feature request has been triaged in at all. If you think we are looking at greater than few months out still, please let me know and I’ll rig up something for myself with the API.

Thanks,
Liam

Hello Liam,

Thanks for your posting! We currently don’t have an update on this unfortunately. It’s still planned to look into this but we don’t have a time frame so it’s difficult to say at this point when this will be available. The number of found test cases is already shown per section but I agree that a global match count would be great to have (similar to the Select Cases dialog).

Cheers,
Tobias

+1 more vote for this issue (global match count of test cases found by filter)…any update on this?

Hi Marci,

Thanks for your feedback! We still have plans to review this but don’t currently have a timeframe/ETA for this just yet. I’ve added your vote to the request for global filter support.

Regards,
Marco

Please add my vote for the filter count as well. I am trying to get a count of test cases I assign to my team from the Test Run page and do not see any way to do this.

+1 here

I’d really like to see this implemented. Seems like it would be a relatively easy add but would be invaluable to those of us who manage large test case sets. Thanks!