Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Display of all jira issues for test case

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any possibility to display list of defects which were added to test case ever.
I do not see that functionality, so maybe is it possible to get that data by UI script / API / Reports mechanism, etc. or directly by mysql query?

Regards

Hi @mrtt,

Thanks for your posting. Yes, you can view the defects per case on the Defects tab when you a test case and this looks similar to:

For multiple cases, we can recommend the Defects reports from the Reports tab and this shows the defects in test runs (Summary), for cases (Summary for Cases) or for references/requirements (Summary for References).

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your replay!
On your screenshot I can see list of all jira defects for every test case but I’m looking for list of defects for one, selected test case. Additionaly, not only for one release/milestone, but for whole project. (btw. we use TestRail 3.0. without this option)
In Reports I cannot use option to filter by ID only by Title which can return more than 1 test case.

Regards

Hi @mrtt,

Yes, this was just an example and the same report is also available for a single test case and this covers the whole project (Defects tab in the sidebar when viewing a case) . Do you have the option to update to a newer TestRail version? The Defects tabs were introduced with TestRail 5.0 about a year ago:

https://blog.gurock.com/testrail-5-0-jira-test-management/

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias