Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Display issues (lists)

When I enter expected results like this while editing

1. Create Dispatch
    a. Haulier should be one assigned to truck
    b. Dispatch ref should be DateTime_Carrier_Door
  2. Create Loads (Link to existing loadsplits)
    a. Load should have split for each part ref and it’s loaded Qty
    b. Create despatch splits for each partref/qty
  3. Add pallets to despatch splits
    a. Set status to loaded

why does it display like this when I view the test case:

Create Dispatch a. Haulier should be one assigned to truck b. Dispatch ref should be DateTime_Carrier_Door
Create Loads (Link to existing loadsplits) a. Load should have split for each part ref and it’s loaded Qty b. Create despatch splits for each partref/qty
Add pallets to despatch splits a. Set status to loaded

The a,b,c, etc lose their line feeds

Hi Mark,

Can you check if the field uses Markdown rich-text formatting? Is this a custom field or the standard Expected Result field? You can find a good introduction on the rich-text features of TestRail here and lists and inner-lists are fully supported:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-userguide/userguide-editor

Cheers,
Tobias

there is no markdown in the field. the a, b,c are indented one space to make it a bit easier to read

it is the expected results field

i’ve seen the user guide on lists

We’re required to use 1, b. c. 2., a, b, etc.

definitely seems to be a bug. how do i open a case to get it fixed

Hi Mark,

If you don’t see any of the formatting options working, it’s likely that you or one of your colleagues/administrator disabled Markdown for this field and changed it to plain text mode. You can control this in TestRail’s administration area when editing the field on Administration > Customziations as part of the field options/project assignments:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-userguide/howto-fields#project_assignments

Cheers,
Tobias